Evolution Says .....
Oil takes many millions of years to form. This is proof of the very old age of the earth.
The Facts Are .....
(1) Proof that crude oil forms in periods markedly less than millions of years is seen in the situation where oil is currently being formed on the seabed. In the Guaymas Basin area of the Gulf of Mexico, in a series of fractures filled with a 500 m layer of sedimentary ooze, 1-2 cm droplets of oil are being discharged into the ocean water. The catalyst for the conversion of this organic matter to oil is a flow of hydrothermal materials from within the rock, which has a temperature of around 315ºC. Analysis of the oil shows that it resembles crude oil in its composition. Nature, Vol. 295, 1982 p:198-202; Science Frontiers, July-August, 1991 p:3; New Scientist, April 6, 1991 p:19
(2) A type of crude oil was discovered just below the ground in a Brisbane suburb in 1978, near the site of an old leather works. The oil had been produced from the decomposition of leather. The leather had been dumped in the gully and covered over, some 80-90 years earlier when the leather works closed down. There was no smell of rotting material at the unearthed site, only the presence of decomposed leather, and a layer of dark oil about 10 cm deep. Oil is another example of where a natural phenomenon is given an exaggerated age for its development, to comply with the million of years demanded by evolutionary theory. Creation Ex Nihilo, Vol. 12, No. 4, 1990 p:29
(3) Oil has been found developing rapidly under the ocean along the East Pacific Rise. It appears that escaping hot lava is causing the reactions that turn the organically rich waters into oil. This adds to the evidence that vast time periods are not required to produce oil. Science News, Vol. 127, March 23, 1985 p:180
(4) Evolutionary theory demands that it takes millions of years for oil to form under the ground. This is based on the notion that the rocks are themselves millions of years old. The Batelle Laboratories in Richland (Washington State, USA), in conjunction with the American Fuel and Power Corp. has developed a method to produce oil from sewage in one to two days. The method is simple, uses no electronics, and produces an oil with the same heating value as diesel fuel. Heat, pressure and hot alkali decomposes the sewage, converting complex organic material into the long-chain carbon compounds of crude oil. The Age (Melbourne), March 1, 1989
(5) In a series of experiments conducted by the CSIRO (Australia), scientists have simulated the production of oil under conditions similar to that of a naturally subsiding sedimentary rock basin. Using samples of the oil producing rocks (oil shale and brown coal), sealed in stainless steel tubes and subjected to slowly increasing temperatures, they were able to produce oil in 4-6 years. This time variation was determined by the rock source and the end temperature, and led to varying qualities and quantities of crude oil and natural gas. This simulation indicates that the assumed age of rocks is not confirmed by the need for millions of years for crude oil to form. Nature, Vol. 308, 1984 p:177-179; Science News, March 24, 1984; Organic Geochemistry, Vol.9, No. 2, 1986 p:69-81
(6) Waste Resource Recovery Inc. (Witchita, USA), has discovered a way to produce oil in 10-15 minutes. Using heat and pressure, they can turn any organic matter (such as food scraps, grass clippings, newspapers or saw dust) into burnable oil. This chemical process, which mimics the way crude oil is believed to form in the earth's crust, testifies that the evolutionary millions of years for oil formation are grossly in error. The Witchita Eagle, April 24, 1994 p:1F